Nominations are Closed
Nomination Deadline is March 1, 2018.
To Nominate an individual for an award, please complete the TJA Award Nomination form and return it with supporting documents
- Purpose - The purpose of this policy is to govern the selection of Texas Jail Association Award Recipients in compliance with Section 5(D)(4) of the Bylaws of the Texas Jail Association.
- Effective Date: 03/14/2007 - Revised 08/02/2010
- The Awards Committee will serve to provide candidates for association awards to the President of the Texas Jail Association.
- The Council of Past Presidents will select one of their members to serve as Chairman of the Awards Committee.
- The Awards Committee will solicit nominations for award recognition by publishing a call for nominations in the Key Issues publication at least once each year. The Awards Committee may also seek nominations from any other sources it deems appropriate.
- The Awards Committee will consider nominations for each of the Texas Jail Association awards identified in Section IV of this policy. The Awards Committee has no duty to recommend individuals for award recognition if, in the sole opinion of the committee, no nominations meet the criteria set forth in this policy.
- The Chairman of the Awards Committee shall present the recommendations of the Awards Committee to the President of the Texas Jail Association no later than 30 days in advance of the Annual Training Conference.
- The President will provide the names of award recipients to the Executive Director.
- Upon notification that an award will be presented, the Executive Director of the Texas Jail Association will:
- Obtain a plaque for presentation to the individual at the Annual Awards Banquet; and
- Notify the Sheriff or Chief Executive of the recipient's employing agency.